turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I mustve filed a $0 tax return when I signed up with the IRS to get the stimulus. Turbo tax thinks I filed the return and my amended return is messed up. How to fix?

So I filled out a full 2019 tax return with turbo tax.  Turbo tax thought i was going to mail it in, but I never did.  I wanted the stimulus money, so I believe I ended up filing a $0 2019 tax return with the IRS on the IRS website.   Now when I go to file the amended return with turbo tax, it is messed up and says the IRS paid me my $248 refund, which they didn't, so i know the amended tax return is wrong.  What should I do now?   I think I need turbo tax to think my original 2019 tax return was 0 and my amended one has all the details.  Do I just need to start over and file a 2019 as 0 and then amend  that?  Or is there a better way?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I mustve filed a $0 tax return when I signed up with the IRS to get the stimulus. Turbo tax thinks I filed the return and my amended return is messed up. How to fix?

You don't file a 1040X Amended return.  You print and mail your regular 1040 and write Amended EIP Returnat the top of your 1040 form.  See,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/stimulus-how-to-file-your-return-after-getting-rej...

THANK YOU!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies