Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I mailed in my tax refund this year but haven't heard anything back following the delivery. It has been 3 months and the 'Where's my refund' tool can't find it.

I haven't heard if my taxes were accepted either, should I be worried that it was stolen en route?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I mailed in my tax refund this year but haven't heard anything back following the delivery. It has been 3 months and the 'Where's my refund' tool can't find it.

@airic-perez-gmai - the IRS is woefully backlogged.  They announced this week they are just beginning to process returns received in 2022 - and they do them in order of receipt.  So expect it will be 6-9 months from the time you mailed in your tax return until it is processed. 

If you mailed in the return then prepare for a long long wait ... paper returns are taking 6 months or much much longer to process again this year.  And until the envelope is opened  and the data input operator enters it in the system the WMR?  tool will not even show it in the system for processing.   Check this tool once a week until you see it in processing :  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Taxpayers Who Filed Paper Returns Could Wait 6 Months for a Refund (businessinsider.com)

Thank you for the swift reply. While it isn't the answer I was hoping to hear, it's much better than the idea that the IRS didn't receive it at all.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies