Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AndrewH23

I'm trying to upload my 2019 tax file to the turbotax amend program but it won't load the file. What am I doing wrong?

I download my return file to my computer from the main turbo website and from there I try to upload it to the amend software but it won't open the file
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I'm trying to upload my 2019 tax file to the turbotax amend program but it won't load the file. What am I doing wrong?

You don't "upload" it  ... you OPEN it.  

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

You can amend e-filed returns if they've been accepted; paper-filed returns may be amended once they've been mailed.

If your e-file is still pending, you won't be able to make changes until the IRS either accepts or rejects it. Don't know your e-file status? Here's how to look it up.

Select your tax year for amending instructions:

AndrewH23

ok...wrong word. it won't open 

@Critter-3  That FAQ is not correct to amend a 2019 online return.  Goes to amend a 2020 online return.  Reported to Moderators

Use this FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-my-2019-turbotax-online-return/01/2...

@AndrewH23 wrote:

ok...wrong word. it won't open 

Did you download the 2019 tax data file which has a file extension of .tax2019?

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download .tax file

With the 2019 amend program started, click on File in the upper left of the desktop program screen.  Click on Open Tax Return.  Browse to the location where you downloaded the tax data file (NOT the PDF).

AndrewH23

Got it, thanks for your help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies