Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cjlisle

I’m not trying to file my taxes I just wanna know if the IRS has my direct deposit information from 2018

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

I’m not trying to file my taxes I just wanna know if the IRS has my direct deposit information from 2018

If your 2018 tax return has your personal bank information that was used to either receive a direct deposit of your refund or was used to pay your tax due then the IRS has your bank information to use for your direct deposit of your stimulus check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cjlisle

Although for 2018,Turbo Tax was compensated for completing my taxes.My Turbo tax documents are,presently,marked as “rejected”for that year.

I ,personally, worked out that return with the IRS, and created a payment plan with

them for the amount l owe.They take a monthly payment out of my account.

That said, considering, the IRS is presently taking payments out of my account, does that 

mean they have my “Direct Deposit” info. to deposit my stimulus payment?

Thank you.

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, the direct deposit can be made into any account used for receiving a refund or a payment. 

Here is an excerpt from the bill:

"DELIVERY OF PAYMENTS.—Not withstanding any other provision of law, the Secretary may certify and disburse refunds payable under this subsection electronically to any account to which the payee authorized, on or after January 1, 2018, the delivery of a refund of taxes under this title or of a Federal payment (as defined in section 3332 of title 31, United States Code)."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies