turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm in section where it is asking prior year tax does it want the year or the total? also how do I autherize direct deposit

I am unable to select direct deposit
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

I'm in section where it is asking prior year tax does it want the year or the total? also how do I autherize direct deposit

Sounds like it is asking for your AGI. Please see How do I find last year's AGI? for assistance.

If you are receiving a refund, TurboTax will ask how you would like to receive it, then you will be able to select direct deposit from there. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Atleast MichelleLo appears to understand my issue.  I have tried all that but it just tells me I need to file my 2020 return which I cant do until I get my 2019 AGI  

Since I have tried what you suggested and it was on point but did not solve my problem.  Any more thoughts?

Craig Carey

SamS1
Expert Alumni

I would recommend getting a free transcript of your 2019 return through IRS.gov.  There you can check on your AGI. Click here to access your tax return information

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies