turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

roniie1
Returning Member

I know that I owe the Federal 72 I wanna know did I use direct deposit or the address to receive my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I know that I owe the Federal 72 I wanna know did I use direct deposit or the address to receive my taxes?

Do you owe for past tax due?  Because if you owe for 2019 you are not receiving a refund.  Or are you asking about a state refund?

roniie1
Returning Member

My federal was 608 and they said I owed them 72 so you mean to tell me that I can't get my 536 from the Federal if I pay the 72 dollars?

And yes I'm also asking about my state refund as well

Who said you owe 72?  Did the IRS send you a letter saying they changed your return?

roniie1
Returning Member

No it was said at the end of me finishing my filing

But who do you need to pay?  The IRS or State or Turbo Tax fees?  At the end Turbo Tax shows you a summary of the net combined federal and state. But that is only for your info. You will still get the full amount and need to pay any tax due separately yourself. 

Let's start over.  What is you State refund or tax due?  It sounds to me like you might OWE Federal the 608 and have a state refund of  536.  Federal and state are completely separate.  You have to pay the full tax due.

roniie1
Returning Member

My state was 204 it only mentioned at the end of the Federal portion that I owe the Federal 72 dollars.

I received a letter from the Federal today and it said that I got rejected due to me owning the 72 dollars.I filed electronically so they have my direct deposit information so will I get it direct deposit or still by mail?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies