turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just completed my 2020 taxes with turbo tax. The IRS wouldn't except my e-file so I changed the filing to mail-in now it say I have amended my 2020 taxes??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Tahoe2

I just completed my 2020 taxes with turbo tax. The IRS wouldn't except my e-file so I changed the filing to mail-in now it say I have amended my 2020 taxes??

I believe that the IRS won't accept your return because they haven't processed your 2019 return yet.  As a result they can't tie out to your AGI.   The IRS has indicated in a Jan update that to e-file your 2020 return you should simply change 2019 AGI indicated on TurboTax to zero.   For joint returns be sure to adjust both parties' AGI.

Tahoe2

This solution works and TurboTax should alert other users who are having their 2020 returns rejected. 

AGI = zero works for some filers, but not always.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies