Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I haven’t gotten my tax refund and it’s been more that a month since I filed my taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

I haven’t gotten my tax refund and it’s been more that a month since I filed my taxes

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.

For the most up to date information, the IRS Where’s My Refund? site will provide your current status. For your State refund, click here How do I track my state refund?. You can also get your Department of State's contact information on that link when you click on your state, it will take you directly to their site.

Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:

Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund

I have listed some information below on why your return may be taking a little bit longer. You may also contact the IRS directly, to see if they can give you information on your return. I am listing their phone number below, along with instructions on how to get through to a representative.

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times. (Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit)

Other things that can delay your refund include but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets;
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information;
  • Identity fraud;
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process.

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

To contact the IRS call: 1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line. 

After first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions." 

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything. 

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

I need to know if my W-2 are in all ok we're they done or do I need to go do them again ????

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Redhorntoe Are you wanting to know whether or not your return was filed successfully? If so, you can check on this tool: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies