turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have not received my 2019 tax refund filed on March 25, 2020. As a result, I also have not received either stimulus check. I've tried calling Turbotax w/ no help.

The IRS says the filing did not go through.  Turbotax did not take care of my tax filing and no is not available to handle the issue.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

I have not received my 2019 tax refund filed on March 25, 2020. As a result, I also have not received either stimulus check. I've tried calling Turbotax w/ no help.

You can file your 2020 taxes and let the IRS know that you did not receive any stimulus payments.  

If you qualify you can use TurboTax Free File to file federal and local returns at no charge.

Here is what you do to claim your stimulus payments on your 2020 return:

At the top of your tax return select Federal Review

Insert fed review pic

That will take you to this screen where it asks if you have already received your stimulus payments.  If you received the first or second payment already, then select Yes and fill in the information.  If you did not receive any payment select No.  If you received the first payment only, fill in that amount and put zero (0) for the second payment.

When the screen is correct, you refund will be adjusted for the amount of stimulus payment that will be added to your 2020 refund.

Insert Stim Pic hereYou can go into your 2019 taxes and print out the forms and mail them to the IRS and state.  When you print the returns, the first sheet will have the address and directions for what to include with the return.  You can file your 2020 return even though your 2019 was never received.

Franino13

If I have not received 2nd stimulus or my Refund for filing 2019 is there a place to put amount as Zero for refund as well on turbo tax to file 2020 for this year?  Is it Okay To file 2020 without receiving return for 2019- IRS claims wages were canceled (not sure how) & I have to submit additional paperwork for my employer to get process complete for 2019 return for refund. Thank you in advance

KrisD15
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, you may still file a 2020 Tax Year return and report the missing stimulus payments. 

The Recovery Rebate Credit is based on your 2020Tax Year return. 

Please enter your personal information and income documents. 

TO GET TO THE STIMULUS SECTION OF TURBOTAX:

Go into your account and click "Tax Home"

On that screen click "Other Tax Situations"

When the drop-down opens, click "Let's Get Started" or "Review/Edit" to move forward 

There may be a delay when opening to this next screen

Scroll to the bottom of this screen and click "Let's keep going" 

The next screen should read "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount" (If not, click continue to move forward until you do get to that screen)

Scroll down and click "Continue"

The next screens will ask if you received the stimulus, which ones and how much. 

The software will calculate a credit if applicable. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Franino13

Thank you- is there also a space that will  ask if  return is zero for 2019 on New filing for 2020 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

No, your 2019 tax return is independent of your Recovery Rebate Credit claimed on your 2020 tax return.

You can try to check the link below to see if the IRS has record of your tax return.

Track IRS processing time and refunds

If you mailed your 2019 tax return in, there was a shut down and it is entirely possible your return just has not been processed yet.  You will need to communicate directly with the IRS at this point though. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mds771

I did not received any stimulus payment or refund 2019 2011

Mds771

I did not received 2019,2020, or 2021

@Mds771 - the way to get the stimulus payments is to file a 2020 and 2021 tax return.  

Did you file? when did you file? and did you file by paper or efile?  

did you check the IRS refund tool? 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

need more information to help you 

@Mds771 Receiving the stimulus check no longer has anything to do with whether you filed a 2019 tax return.  The ONLY way to receive the stimulus checks is to file a 2020 tax return and a 2021 tax return.  There is no IRS "portal" that you can use to get the stimulus money.   You can only get it by filing tax returns and using the recovery rebate credit.

The first EIP --or stimulus check--- was issued in 2020  It was for $1200 for adults and $500 for a dependent under the age of 17.   The IRS used information from either your 2019 or 2020 tax return to issue those checks so they could send them out in a hurry.

The 2nd EIP or stimulus was issued in late 2020 or early 2021 and was $600 for adults and $600 for dependents under age 17.

If you did not receive the 1st and/or 2nd stimulus check you can get it by filing a 2020 tax return and using the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   It will end up on line 30 of a 2020 tax return and will be added to your refund (or reduce your tax due).

The 3rd EIP--or stimulus check-- was sent out in mid-March or later in 2021 and was for $1400 per person--adults and dependents no age limit.

If you did not get the 3rd EIP payment you can get it by filing a 2021 tax return and using the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   The credit will go on line 30 of your Form 1040 and will add to your refund (or reduce your tax due).

It is not clear from your post whether you filed tax returns for 2020 or for 2021, or if you did,  whether you e-filed or mailed the returns in.---Please explain.

The current online program is only for a 2021 tax return.   If you still need to file a 2020 return you will need to use downloaded 2020 software on a full PC or Mac, and you have to mail the 2020 return.   It cannot be e-filed.

If you need to prepare a return for 2018, 2019 or 2020 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You should also check your online account with the IRS to see what is shown there.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies