turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have never waited this long for my federal return y is it taking this long to get my money?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

I have never waited this long for my federal return y is it taking this long to get my money?

The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund if it's been longer than 21 days since you e-filed. You'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay. For more information please click the link below.

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 day ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i never had to wait this long for my money to be in my account so i was just asking y so long

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. If your return has been accepted, you can begin tracking the status of your return using the Where's My Refund? site. If it's been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, you can call the IRS directly to check on your refund status. For more information about the status of your refund, please see the FAQ below:

When will I get my IRS tax refund

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies