Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have filed my taxes on April 11 and it's still pending according to the IRS website. How can I get a hold of an IRS employee to find out what's going on with my taxes?

I have called and email the IRS and unable to get a response from them.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

I have filed my taxes on April 11 and it's still pending according to the IRS website. How can I get a hold of an IRS employee to find out what's going on with my taxes?

The IRS is not currently accepting calls on most phone lines. 

They are beginning to operate in some limited capacities, but until normal operations resume there will not be much you can do except continue to wait.  Processing centers are moving very slowly at very limited capacity at this time.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
luffer

Same issue, e-filed 2019 and paid for Turbo Tax, April 13, I go to my IRS account every day and says 2019 hasn't  been processed yet, go to get my payment for stimulus and just says I'm eligible and they'll update when they have a date.   I looked all over their web pages for a phone # to call, finally found one,but got nothing but an automated babble.  No stimulus has been received, even tho I filed 2018. I need to find out if there is an issue with my 2019 taxes and if that is what is holding up the stimulus.  I am not getting a refund, and have indicated that what I owe can come out of my bank account July 15.  Very frustrating.  

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

The IRS was closed for return processing for some time to focus on the economic stimulus payments. They have resumed normal operations and are now processing returns. You will have to be patient as the IRS works on getting caught up. Continue to track the progress through the IRS Check my Refund Status link.

Information about who is getting the stimulus check can be found in the links below:

What do I need to know about the coronavirus stimulus package?

Economic Impact Payments

The IRS has created a Get My Payment portal to track the progress of these payments for taxpayers.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies