turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

carrie

I have an amended tax statement from my brokerage company - can I upload this directly into Turbotax? Or do I have to enter the changes individually?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I have an amended tax statement from my brokerage company - can I upload this directly into Turbotax? Or do I have to enter the changes individually?

You will have to enter the tax data from the brokerage statement manually when amending a tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return originally completed and filed using TurboTax - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

mytaxstuff
Returning Member

I have not filed my 2020 tax forms. I imported my 1099s from my broker and Now I have a amended statement. How do I delete my first form and enter the amended form. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Could you please post what form you are trying to add to your TurboTax account? I would like to make sure that it is a form that TurboTax supports. 

Please click the links below and follow the directions to delete your first form:

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mytaxstuff
Returning Member

I completed my 1040 form with information my Broker Provided on 2020 consolidated forms 1099. I then received a notice that I have to change that form with and amended consolidated forms 1099. I just want to know how to enter the new information. Do I have to delete the original forms and enter the amended forms?

mytaxstuff
Returning Member

I received  my 2020 consolidated Forms 1099. I imported them to my tax form. I have 

been advised by my broker that there could be an amendment to this form. As some tax information my change. Their exact statement is final tax information is not available. They will forward the info

when it becomes available. It is Information on certain mutual funds. 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

It sounds like you are trying to amend your return. Help with doing so has been provided by clicking here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@mytaxstuff   Did you already file your original return and was it Accepted?  If you have not filed yet then do not amend.  Yes you always have to wait until the end of Feb or March to see if the brokers put out amended 1099 forms.  It is very common.  So if you have investments then don't file early each year.  I think you delete the first import and then import the new 1099.  In fact I wait to import until they put out any amended ones.  

mytaxstuff
Returning Member

That's the information I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies