Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have already paid for Deluxe to download old tax returns. Instructions say choose Add a State this option doesn't exist. What am I missing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have already paid for Deluxe to download old tax returns. Instructions say choose Add a State this option doesn't exist. What am I missing?

You say you paid for DELUXE ... was that for the ONLINE or DOWNLOADED version ? 

The ONLINE  system has permanently closed and is presently in transition from 2018 to 2019 versions.  

While the millions of returns are being archived the PDF download for tax year 2018 will only include the forms and schedules needed to file your tax return.  The worksheets and other pages are not included in the PDF until the 2019 online editions become available sometime in December 2019.

To access the PDF, log into the website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/ access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax w

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

michaelvcampanella
Returning Member

Hello,

I am also having trouble with this.  I have followed these instructions, but it says I need to upgrade to "PLUS".  I have already paid for the deluxe to download.  Nonetheless, it is imperative that I receive these tax returns ASAP. I can not figure out how to upgrade to "PLUS".  The instructions are not clear at all.

@ michaelvcampanella wrote:

I am also having trouble with this.  I have followed these instructions, but it says I need to upgrade to "PLUS".  I have already paid for the deluxe to download.  Nonetheless, it is imperative that I receive these tax returns ASAP. I can not figure out how to upgrade to "PLUS".  The instructions are not clear at all.

You didn't say "which" Deluxe you purchased--online or desktop software (CD/download).   If you prepared your previous returns online, and have already paid for an online 2018 Deluxe product, the past returns should already be unlocked if you paid for 2018 Online Deluxe.   If you purchased 2018 desktop Deluxe (CD/download), however, you'll need to phone Customer Support, since a desktop product purchase, while it does qualify, doesn't automatically unlock prior online returns.  In that case they have to do it for you.

Here's how to phone TurboTax Support:

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies