turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have already filed my taxes on turbotax app. I'm woundering how can I add my direct deposit info for the irs for my stimulus package check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I have already filed my taxes on turbotax app. I'm woundering how can I add my direct deposit info for the irs for my stimulus package check?

Here's how it works:

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return with the IRS, and at least one of those returns had a refund which was direct-deposited, the IRS will deposit your stimulus payment into that account (if it's closed, you'll get a check instead.)

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return and neither one had a refund coming, the IRS will mail you a stimulus check. The same holds true if these returns had a refund which was sent as a check.

In other words, if you requested a direct-deposited refund on at least one return in the past two years – 2018 or 2019 – your stimulus will be direct-deposited into that account (assuming it's still valid), and if not, you'll get a check. This cannot be changed.

Thank you. I paid the irs 1 dollar in 2018 with my bank info. Will that count as direct deposit info ?

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies