turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tyjohnson
Returning Member

I had to mail in my return. My home page now says "Way to go, you filed your 2019 taxes". Does that mean the IRS filed my return?

Or is that just standard messaging from TurboTax?

I mailed in my federal returns on March 24th. My TurboTax account home page now says "you filed your 2019 taxes!" in big, bold lettering. Does that mean the IRS has successfully filed my tax return and I'm all set?

I ask because I'm not entirely sure how to check my status on the IRS site. I'm not getting a refund, so I can't track my status using the 'Check My Refund' IRS tool. And if that tool does actually work for those not getting a refund, then I'm in trouble because no results can be found using my information. I'm also getting the dreaded Payment Status Not Available using the new Get My Payment IRS portal that opened today.

Is there another way I can make sure my return was 100% filed? And if not, and my paper returns are currently in limbo due to COVID-19, should I use the Non-Filers tool on the IRS page to guarantee I receive a stimulus check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB27
Employee Tax Expert

I had to mail in my return. My home page now says "Way to go, you filed your 2019 taxes". Does that mean the IRS filed my return?

No, do not use the Non-Filers tool. The "Way to go, you filed your 2019 taxes" just means that you finished your return with TurboTax. Since you had to mail your return TurboTax will not get an acceptance notification. Did you send the return with tracking? Then you can know that the return got there.

"The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment. Paper returns will be processed once processing centers are able to reopen". (IRS News Release)

About the Stimulus payment, if you filed a 2018 return then you should still get a payment if you meet the requirements even if your 2019 is not processed yet.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanaB27
Employee Tax Expert

No, do not use the Non-Filers tool. The "Way to go, you filed your 2019 taxes" just means that you finished your return with TurboTax. Since you had to mail your return TurboTax will not get an acceptance notification. Did you send the return with tracking? Then you can know that the return got there.

"The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment. Paper returns will be processed once processing centers are able to reopen". (IRS News Release)

About the Stimulus payment, if you filed a 2018 return then you should still get a payment if you meet the requirements even if your 2019 is not processed yet.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies