Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

live4ward

I got a letter from the IRS wanting my W-2s due to an excess withholding of social security tax. I faxed them in after chatting here. How can I verify they were received?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I got a letter from the IRS wanting my W-2s due to an excess withholding of social security tax. I faxed them in after chatting here. How can I verify they were received?

You would need to contact the IRS to ask them directly. 

Please follow the instructions here to contact the IRS. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
live4ward

Not helpful 😕. I already tried all of this. I already knew I would need to try to contact the IRS. I am needing some additional guidance. I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed in the extra money I paid for help from TurboTax with these issues. The very first CPA that I chatted with was wonderful and helped me know exactly what to do when I got the letter requesting my w-2s. She looked at my return to make sure everything was accurate, and that was fantastic. But since I've been unable to get any kind of response from the IRS since then, I have been disappointed in my efforts to reach out to you guys for guidance. I hate saying that because I'm not a complainer. But it is a very helpless feeling, and getting a canned response like contact the IRS through their website is not helpful :(

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

We cannot verify if the forms you sent to the IRS were received or not. Only the IRS will know that. I apologize, you will have to contact the IRS for this. Once you file your return, there is not much Turbo Tax can do, because your return is now in the hands of the IRS. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies