turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I found out today that my pre-paid card was actually returned. Is there anyway that I can now have my refund and stimulus check but on my regular bank card ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I found out today that my pre-paid card was actually returned. Is there anyway that I can now have my refund and stimulus check but on my regular bank card ?

Please use this link for assistance with you TurboTax Debit Card.  TurboTax Debit Card Help

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you try to request a new card online it will ask you to sign into your account...or set up a new account.  To sign up for a new account the system will then ask for the 16 digits on the card ...which I don't have !  If you have forgotten either your User ID or Password it will...you guessed it....ask for the 16 digits on the card...which I don't have !  Does anyone at Turbo Tax actually check out these links ?!!  Now I will admit that I haven't tried calling in to customer service.  Understandably there is a long wait time which I don't care to go through at this time.  I will wait awhile then try it.  

for the stimulus - 

Check the IRS website and update your bank information if necessary.

AGI is line 7 on your 2018 return and line 8B on your 2019 return.  Refund is line 21a of the 2019 tax return. and line 20a for 2018

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Since I have already filed my 2019 taxes and it went on the pre-paid card......

"2019 Filers: We will send your payment using the information you provided with your 2019 tax return. You will not be able to change it."

So that is a no-go !

@Mattie88 - but that is for your refund, TT has nothing to do with the stimulus payment 

Check the IRS website and update your bank information if necessary.

AGI is line 7 on your 2018 return and line 8B on your 2019 return.  Refund is line 21a of the 2019 tax return. and line 20a for 2018

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Unfortunately if my refund (and stimulus) have already been processed you cannot change your banking information.  My refund was sent to Turbo Tax pre-paid debit card (Green Dot)...per the IRS the stimulus payment is also sent to the same account that your 2019 refund was sent to.  

@Mattie88 - correct,but the stimulus payment banking information can be changed at the website i referenced 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies