turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed with turbo tax and transmitted to IRS on 4/29 but IRS says they have not yet received my filing. Today is 7/1. I owe but there is no balance to pay shown on IRS.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filed with turbo tax and transmitted to IRS on 4/29 but IRS says they have not yet received my filing. Today is 7/1. I owe but there is no balance to pay shown on IRS.

Balance due returns are low man  on the totem pole and will most likely not be processed until 7/15 or later.   The online payment option on the IRS site should allow you to make a payment on the 2019 form 1040.  If you cannot figure this out then you can mail in a payment instead ... send a 1040-V with the payment : 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040v.pdf

thank you!

I was just concerned that there was something wrong and IRS did not receive my filing.

Who at the IRS told you they had not received your filing? If you are relying on the IRS refund tracking web site, you can't use that to track a tax return where there is no refund. 

When you say transmitted, did you efile your return and was it accepted, or did you print and mail your return yourself? 

You can verify an efiled return was submitted and accepted using this link: https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If you printed and mailed your return, the IRS did not process any mailed returns for several weeks so it's not likely they would know whether they received it or not unless they have opened it and started processing it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies