turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my returns on 2/12/21 and got my State return back right away but havent seen my Federal yet. How can I find out if there is an issue with it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

I filed my returns on 2/12/21 and got my State return back right away but havent seen my Federal yet. How can I find out if there is an issue with it?

With the IRS filing delay and backlog this tax season due to COVID closing the offices and leaving the IRS with very few employees working for the past year, the IRS has not stated how long it will take to deposit tax refunds. Your tax refund may be deposited in your bank account before the IRS has a chance to update your information on the Where's My Refund website

Please click IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue to learn more.  

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status 

Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.

• If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies