turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my federal and states taxes on February 27th and I received an email for state verification but not federal verification. How do I get federal email verification?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I filed my federal and states taxes on February 27th and I received an email for state verification but not federal verification. How do I get federal email verification?

If you didn't get emailed a Federal efile acceptance notice, there's not a way to regenerate it.   Check all your email accounts and also the spam/junk folders.

In the meantime, if you used Online TurboTax, you can verify the efile status by logging into your Online account.   Does it show that your efiled Federal return was "accepted?"   I assume it was, or your state return could not have been accepted.

There is a page called "Electronic Postmark"in the extra pages of your return PDF that will verify the Federal efile.   If it's not in the PDF you can download at the Tax Home, here's how to get a larger PDF with all the worksheets and extra pages by opening your filed return back up and going to the Print Center.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in since it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • The latter option has the most pages.   Look for a page called "Electronic Postmark".  It should show when you efiled and when it was accepted.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies