turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my 2019 Tax Return with my w2, I'm not so sure if I put my direct deposit info, but on the section of where the direct deposit goes shows X's. I didn't get a refund this year but if I have my direct deposit information will I get a stimulus check?

So its 2 questions, under my indivual tax return form where direct deposit goes is my info filled in? But for security reasons the blanks are covered in X's? And if I do have a my direct deposit info will I get a stimulus check eventhough I did not get a federal return deposit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I filed my 2019 Tax Return with my w2, I'm not so sure if I put my direct deposit info, but on the section of where the direct deposit goes shows X's. I didn't get a refund this year but if I have my direct deposit information will I get a stimulus check?

If you printed your tax return, the deposit information is on the filing directions at the top of the page.  If the information is there, the IRS will send your check to that account.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No I didn't print it I Downloaded the PDF, I'm assuming the direct deposit section in box 20 should be left blank with no X's if I didn't put direct deposit. But since there are X's I'm assuming I did fill it out and it won't show my bank information for security reasons over online.

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

If you did not get a refund for 2019, then the IRS does not have your direct deposit information. You will get a stimulus payment (if you qualify) but if you do nothing else they will send you a paper check.

You will need to wait for the Treasury to set up the web portal for you to enter the banking information. If you did not have a refund with Direct Deposit, the IRS does not have your banking information. 

"In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail."

See more info here on the Treasury website.

simple109
Returning Member

Now I'm confused because two other experts say that the x is correct so which one is it .When is the portal from the irs coming?

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

The IRS is currently working on a Get My Payment application, due in mid-April, that you can use to let them know your bank account information, if they don't have your direct deposit information and haven't sent your payment.  Please see the IRS's Economic Impact Payments page for more information.

simple109
Returning Member

So like I was saying I downloaded my documents and the banking info has xx's where the direct deposit info is supposed to be so I'm I good or should I use the irs portal to put banking info in.I have been getting mixed answer.Im look for the best right answer please

simple109
Returning Member

• I guess it wouldn't hurt if I haven't received my payment to just use the portal also.
DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

You will be able to use the portal to verify/change/update your banking information whenever it becomes available.  Here is the link to monitor the status.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies