turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ISNLUI

i filed 2018 Single/individual but 2019 my mom claimed me how would that work? (Stimulus)

so i made 3k real quick in 2018 withing 3 months but before does 3 months i was working on a diff job i made over 11k but it was 2017 so anyways on 2018 i put no one can claimed me cuz i was buying and making my own money but i still live with mom so then 2019 i didnt have a job at all so she claimed me and only got 80$ will i still get a stimulus check cuz of my 2018 & 2017 & 2016 all does years i filed alone until now ...? smh not fair just bcs i put myself down for one year not i cant get it or will i get it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

i filed 2018 Single/individual but 2019 my mom claimed me how would that work? (Stimulus)

If you were claimed as a dependent for 2019 you will not get a stimulus check.  These are the rules for someone to use to determine if you can be claimed:

WHO CAN I CLAIM AS A DEPENDENT?

You can claim a child, relative, friend, fiance (etc.) as a dependent on your 2019 taxes as long as they meet the following requirements:

Qualifying child

• They are related to you.

• They cannot be claimed as a dependent by someone else.

• They are a U.S. citizen, resident alien, national, or a Canadian or   Mexican resident.

• They are not filing a joint return with their spouse.

• They are under the age of 19 (or 24 for full-time students).

• No age limit for permanently and totally disabled children

They live with you for more than half the year (exceptions apply).

Qualifying relative

• They don't have to be related to you (despite the name).

• They cannot be claimed as a dependent by someone else.

• They are a U.S. citizen, resident alien, national, or a Canadian or Mexican resident.

• They are not filing a joint return with their spouse.

They lived with you the entire year.

• They made less than $4200  (not counting Social Security)

• You provided more than half of their financial support. More info

When you add someone as a dependent, we'll ask a series of questions to make sure you can claim them.

Related Information:

Does a dependent have to live with me?

What does "financially support another person" mean?

Can I claim a newborn baby?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ISNLUI

so i filed all does years alone making my own money and just because i got claim on 2019 i will not get nothing!? so i wont get a stimulus check smh ...my mom dont even make pass 50k year and she works at a school and i dont make nothing thats fair lol i didnt work but i still supported myself half and half.

ISNLUI

so they wont go by my 2018 tax returns? anymore i didnt file the 2019 returns but got claim any way to fix that?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies