turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I ended up owing fed tax. I did get a state return I used turbotax. Will my stimulus payment be a direct deposit? Or a paper check.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I ended up owing fed tax. I did get a state return I used turbotax. Will my stimulus payment be a direct deposit? Or a paper check.

If you owed taxes, then you will receive a check in the mail. 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

The IRS plans to launch a site later this month for taxpayers who filed their tax returns in 2018 or 2019 but didn’t provide their banking information on their return.

The IRS will post all key information on IRS.gov/coronavirus as soon as it becomes available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did enter the direct deposit info in turbo tax. And I did receive a state return. I was on the IRS site and it didnt give much info.

KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is still waiting on guidance from the IRS to determine if the stimulus check will be deposited into the direct deposit account used for your state return. Please view this IRS link and use the Get Your Payment application, available mid-April, to check the status of your stimulus payment and update your direct deposit information if necessary.

Still no real answers yet. I tried the irs get my payment link and it give zero info. 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The IRS has a Websites to update information and check your filing status. 

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

Get Your Payment Status

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies