Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I downloaded my 2017 .tax file and Turbo Tax Desktop 2017. I try to open my return to amend it but it says that it can't find the file. How do I find the 2017 return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I downloaded my 2017 .tax file and Turbo Tax Desktop 2017. I try to open my return to amend it but it says that it can't find the file. How do I find the 2017 return?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for locating the tax data file using a Windows based computer - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900721-find-your-tax-data-file-tax-file-in-windows

View solution in original post

6 Replies

See this TurboTax support FAQ for locating the tax data file using a Windows based computer - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900721-find-your-tax-data-file-tax-file-in-windows

george

I need TURBO TAX to send me a copy of my 2017 Federal and State tax files. My computer will not generate these files for me. 

Please e-mail them to me at [email address removed]

Thank you

George Dronen

Please be aware this is a public Internet forum, so do not post any personal info.  No telling who might try to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax to scam you.

The folks at TurboTax will not send anyone a copy of their tax files.    Moreover, regular email is not a secure method of sending such sensitive data.

How did you prepare the 2017 return?   Did you prepare the 2017 return in desktop software (CD/download) as opposed to online TurboTax?  If so,  you are the only one who could have saved a copy of the *.tax2017 data file or the PDF.

You wrote:  "My computer will not generate these files for me. "

Please explain what that means?  Does that mean you cannot find the *.tax2017 data file when searching your entire computer system?

I need correct a number in my Social was off.  I just need to correct my social security number.

@Daughter333 wrote:

I need correct a number in my Social was off.  I just need to correct my social security number.

You'll need to explain your situation.   What is it you need to know?

This is an old thread about a 2017 return, so I presume you must be asking about a 2017 return.    How did you prepare your 2017 return--online or in desktop software?     Are you referring to a 2017 return you prepared online?    Are you trying to download the *.tax2017 data file from an online 2017 return so you can amend it in the complimentary 2017 amend software?

@hullmister 

For some reason your comment in this old thread is blank.   But I see you started a new thread.   So see the information that was left for you there at this link:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/re-i-am-trying-to-recover-my-2017-tax-re...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies