I downloaded my 2017 .tax file and Turbo Tax Desktop 2017. I try to open my return to amend it but it says that it can't find the file. How do I find the 2017 return?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for locating the tax data file using a Windows based computer - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900721-find-your-tax-data-file-tax-file-in-windows

I need TURBO TAX to send me a copy of my 2017 Federal and State tax files. My computer will not generate these files for me. 

Please e-mail them to me at [email address removed]

Thank you

George Dronen

Please be aware this is a public Internet forum, so do not post any personal info.  No telling who might try to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax to scam you.

The folks at TurboTax will not send anyone a copy of their tax files.    Moreover, regular email is not a secure method of sending such sensitive data.

How did you prepare the 2017 return?   Did you prepare the 2017 return in desktop software (CD/download) as opposed to online TurboTax?  If so,  you are the only one who could have saved a copy of the *.tax2017 data file or the PDF.

You wrote:  "My computer will not generate these files for me. "

Please explain what that means?  Does that mean you cannot find the *.tax2017 data file when searching your entire computer system?

I need correct a number in my Social was off.  I just need to correct my social security number.