Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't realize I had 1099s and didn't enter them. However, I counted the $ in my total income. Do I need to amend to specifically enter these 1099s?

I am a self employed contractor. This client sends me checks, but only sends 1099s for accounts where he paid over $600. He sent them all together in one envelope, so I didn't realize he sent multiple 1099s. I counted all his checks (outside of the one 1099 I saw) in my total business income. Does it make a difference if the other income is specifically reported as from a 1099 from him, or simply as earned income?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

I didn't realize I had 1099s and didn't enter them. However, I counted the $ in my total income. Do I need to amend to specifically enter these 1099s?

if you included the income in your business already and paid the self-employment taxes on it you will be good to go.  Wait for your return to process.  You may get a letter from the IRS showing that you missed some income as the computers will try to match 1099's to 1099's in your return.  However, many times a human will recheck and be able to see the income was included.

If you get the letter you will just answer the letter to show you had included the income.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies