turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn’t get my cash advance and my federal was accepted

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You should receive an email from Turbo Tax approximately an hour after your returns have been accepted by the IRS.  This email will include instructions on how to obtain your "virtual card" for your return.  Then, it can take up to 48 hours to receive your advance on your "virtual card".  

Please see below for information concerning your refund advance. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I didn’t either nor an e-mail ( checked junk mail daily) and made the deadline , so no clue now where my refund is going . Never received a turbo card .. This is a cluster crap ( putting it nicely) I think we were all lied  to ...for an extra 40.00 ... I’ve been with Turbo Tax for well over10 years and never will I use them again not only are they way more expensive than other sites they don’t help you if your audited either ( went through that as well 2 years ago) I’m done .. just want to know where my refund is going and my second stimulus check but cannot get an answer from them 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Regarding your cash advance, see the links below for more help.

Regarding your second stimulus payment, this should have been reported as not received in TurboTax on the Recovery Rebate Credit

To see if it was reported correctly, download a PDF of your tax return and scroll to page 2 of Form 1040 to find Line 30.

To download your 2020 Tax Return PDF, follow these steps:

• Open the accepted tax return filed. You will be at Tax Home.
  • Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and Show.
  • Navigate to the option to download the PDF of your return.
    • Double click the download in the lower left corner to open it.
    • Scroll to page 2 of Form 1040 to find Line 30.
      • The forms are named in the top left and lower right hand corners of each page.

If Form 1040, Line 30 does not include your missing second stimulus payment, then you may have to amend (change)  your return. The IRS has not issued any guidance whether they will exercise their authority and automatically correct this type of issue for taxpayers.

• If you do have to amend(change) your return, be sure to follow these steps after the amend(change) option has been selected to adjust your stimulus payments. This will correctly report that you have not received some or all of the stimulus payments:
    • Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link.
    • Answer Yes.
    • At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
    • If no stimulus amount was received, enter 0. If a portion was received, but not the full amount, enter the amount that was received. An amount must be entered in each box. When finished, click Continue.

For the specifics about cash advance, see: About Refund Advance.

To contact the IRS directly about the second stimulus payment, call them at 800-829-1040 or see: Economic Impact Payment Information Center — Topic F: Payment Issued but Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or ...

Noo, my cash advance was suppose to be my tax refund .... you advertised within 24 hours ... then you tried to change that the federal didn’t except my taxes until the 16 th ... ( deadline was 15 th) it was changed back the next day .. false advertisement.... everyone go to to Tax Free America .... they only charge 12.00 ... not like Turbo Tax who charges as much as they can get each year ... 80.00 off me this year ...NEVER AGAIN! 

I didn’t revive an email , I checked my junk email as well every day .. I received nothing for the cash advance . I only received one stimulus.. I did not receive the second for 600.00 per household member should have been 1200.00 ... We never received it 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

98.5% of people approved will get their Refund Advance about 24 hours after their tax return is accepted by the IRS.  This 24-hour funds dispersal is not guaranteed.  However, you should receive a physical card in the mail in 5-10 business day.  This card will have your Refund Advance funds loaded to it.  Reference:  When will I get my Refund Advance?

As for your stimulus payment, if you did not receive the second one, you should have claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit on your tax return.  Amend your return to claim this credit and receive your stimulus funds.  Refer to the following Help Article for instructions to amend:  How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies