turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not get my 2018 federal tax refund. How do I got about getting it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Did you efile? Was your return Accepted? Maybe it rejected or you didn't finish filing it.  When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile. And when you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. what does it say?

I e-filed with Turbo Tax and I believe I recieved both emails saying that is was filed and accepted. I recieved the check from the state but never the federal. Can I change the preference and have the funds direct deposited? 

Can't change that or anything after you file.  You will have to ask the IRS what happened to it when they reopen.  Were you having the fees deducted from your refund?  It might be hung up in the bank that takes the fees out.  

I believe i paid directly for the Turbo Tax and no other fees were associated with it. So I guess the next step is to contact the IRS directly. Do you have a jumping off point, or just use the general contact number/email?

Manage cookies