Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did my taxes with turbo tax and mailed in my return back in Feb. and haven't herd anything from the IRS as of yet

When will the IRS start working on paper returns
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did my taxes with turbo tax and mailed in my return back in Feb. and haven't herd anything from the IRS as of yet

Unfortunately, the IRS is closed & will not start processing mailed in returns until they re-open.  So far there is no date of when that will be. 

From the IRS:The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment.

All you can do right now is keep checking the IRS website, Where's My Refund, the website updates once a day.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Unfortunately, the IRS is closed & will not start processing mailed in returns until they re-open.  So far there is no date of when that will be. 

From the IRS:The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment.

All you can do right now is keep checking the IRS website, Where's My Refund, the website updates once a day.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies