turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did amend the 2019 return and after correcting it the system continues to reject it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

I did amend the 2019 return and after correcting it the system continues to reject it.

Just to clarify, your amended return is being rejected? Did you receive an email with a rejection code and reason?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

NO

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

No, you cannot E-file an amended 2019 tax return in 2020.  This feature is not available  for 2019 .  You will have to print and mail it.

Helpful Filing Tips for Individual Income Tax

To mail your Individual Income Tax Return please review the following:

Completing your Return

• Do not staple or attach your check, W-2s or any other documents to your return.
  • Submit proper documentation (schedules, statements and supporting documentation, including W-2s, other states’ tax returns, or necessary federal returns and schedules).
  • Use the correct form - forms differ by tax type and tax year.  Look at the bottom of the form for the required pages to submit.
  • Double-check your return.
  • Review personal information (social security number (SSN), address, date of birth) on your return for each person listed 
  • Sign your return.
  • Taxpayers must sign and date their returns
  • Both spouses must sign the joint return, even if there was only one income reported
  • Mail your return, payment, and all necessary documentation to the appropriate address listed on the return.

Your Federal tax return goes to a different location depending on the state that you live in.  See this list to determine the location for you.

Where to File Paper Tax Returns With or Without a Payment | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies