turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tokenlv
Returning Member

I cannot access my return from last year which I have not yet gotten the money for. Usually the option comes right up but having trouble finding/accessing it. Any ideas?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I cannot access my return from last year which I have not yet gotten the money for. Usually the option comes right up but having trouble finding/accessing it. Any ideas?

@tokenlv 

You said "return from last year", so I assume you mean the 2017 return.  So that is what this answer addresses.   The current tax year still being prepared in Online TurboTax is the 2018 return.

It sounds like you have 2 problems--1) finding the account with the 2017 return, and then 2) figuring out what happened to your 2017 tax refund.    Let's start with finding the 2017 return, and that will tell you if it was successfully filed or not.

When you log into your online account, go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."  Expand that section and choose tax year 2017.    Do you see any evidence of the 2017 return?    If not, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.

If you DO see evidence of the 2017 return in that section, what is showing for "status" of the Federal return, and state return, if any?  Does it say accepted, rejected, printed, started, or what?

And if you did find the 2017 return, in that same section there should be a link to "Download/print the PDF."   If so, what happens when you click that?   Does it ask you to pay?   If the 2017 return was prepared in Free Edition, access will be locked.   We can tell you how to pay to unlock the 2017 return by upgrading  your 2018 return to PLUS (19.99).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies