turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I can't open turbotax 2015 deluxe on my Mac - how do I print a copy of my 2015 taxes?

"Change your OS"? Now what kind of a workaround is this? I am already out of space on my MacBook Air and the Mac OS takes about a third of my SSD drive. How am I going to mess up my entire system and associated programs by installing an older version of OS?

I can't open turbotax 2015 deluxe on my Mac - how do I print a copy of my 2015 taxes?

Open up terminal and do the following:

mv /Applications/TurboTax\ Premier\ 2015.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Assets/asset_service.js /Applications/TurboTax\ Premier\ 2015.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Assets/asset_service.js.bak

This seems to work for me at least.. all i needed to do was amend my return.

I believe I later posted that I solved this problem by sending my file to a company that was able to get this done for me very quickly at a cost of $50.00. To my knowledge acquired after contacting both Apple and TurboTax plus numerous online sources, there is no other workaround for an application that is designed to work with an older Mac OS. Thank you.

The workaround posted in the above link works me. I can confirm... 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/re-i-can-t-open-turbotax-2015-deluxe-on-...

They probably took down the article on Mac 2014 & 2015 since they do not support 2015 or earlier now.  If you have a .tax file you can try to convert it to a pdf at  http://www.taxprinter.com

VRR

I'm unfamiliar with using Terminal but I did find it.  Is it a simple copy paste?  Would you mind giving a little more detail on how to do this?

I did not use Terminal; I used the third-party service I mentioned in my post. They were able to open the file, covert it to PDF and sent me the copy. Of course, I had to pay a fee as noted, plus you have to trust the vendor.

Yes it is a simple copy and paste... just assuming you use Premier ... 

if you are not familiar with terminal you can navigate to the path in finder:
Open Applications
> Right click on the TurboTax Premier 2015   (Or whatever your 2015 app is) and click "Show Package Contents"
> Contents
> Resources
> Content
> Assets
> Right click on asset_service.js and rename to asset_service.js.bak

VRR

@pwnmasta IT OPENED!!  Thank you so much!  I'm using Home & Business so I figured that needed to be changed from Premier.  I googled how to find Terminal and voila.  Thanks again 🙂

WHAT!!

"Since this is not a defect in the TurboTax software, but is due to a change that Apple made which causes an internal Apple java script function to crash while reading an embedded java script component in the TurboTax application, TurboTax will not be issuing any update to the TurboTax software. However, TurboTax has issued a workaround to remove the java script form the TurboTax application so that the Apple software will not crash."

HOW many years / decades has Intuit been warned by Apple, users not to allow / use unsecured java script,  about the end of life of java script, and not fixed it! Now Intuit must fix their software for 2014 and 2015 by issuing updates.

2014 & 2015 are no longer supported so don't expect TT to do anything to correct this issue at this late date.

Everyone using the downloaded version should save a PDF (with & without the worksheets) along with the .taxfile so that later you can have access to old returns when the program is long gone. 

PDF available only if the returns have been completed or PDF file became corrupt and backups corrupt. Then what?

You open up the original Tax software and create a new PDF.

In addition, when the tax return has not been completed and working with IRS to get complete (YES the IRS CAN go back 10 years) INTUIT MUST provide working software for 10 years. Not 3.

INTUIT, fix your software!

INTUIT MUST provide working software for 10 years.

can you cite a law that says Intuit must do this? 

United States Attorneys Office, Department of the Treasury case law.

@DaleE wrote:

United States Attorneys Office, Department of the Treasury case law.

Copies of Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ are generally available for 7 years from filing before they are destroyed by law. Other returns may be available for a longer period of time.

IRS Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Citation of case law not provided.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies