turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am unable to print a prior year return. Error msg says can't connect to Intuit's Secure Print Service. I am using TurboTax Premier that I downloaded to my Mac.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies

I am unable to print a prior year return. Error msg says can't connect to Intuit's Secure Print Service. I am using TurboTax Premier that I downloaded to my Mac.

What tax year are you trying to print?

What is the OS X version on your Mac?

I'm asking @macuser_22 to assist you in this thread.   

I’m trying to print tax year 2014, and running macOS Mohave V 10.14.4

For 2014 only, the print functions for Mac were moved from the TurboTax software package that runs on the computer to software on a TurboTax server (this was due to a 3rd party licensing issue) .    That required an internet connection to the "Secure Print Service" in order to convert the raw TurboTax data into a printable pdf file.    Without the "Secure Print Service" it is not possible to print 2014 from a Mac.

TurboTax no longer supports any software version prior to 2015 (and 2015 will be dropped after the extended Oct 15, 2019 date).

It would appear that the "Secure Print Service" is no longer available so it is no longer possible to print 2014 with a Mac.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I wonder if the www.taxprinter.com conversion to pdf would have the same problem?  It says they do 2014.  They are not related to Turbo Tax and it costs.  You send them the .tax2014 file.

Or hey!  Try to find a Windows computer.  The .tax files can be opened by both the Windows and Mac programs.  But you would have to install the 2014 program which might be impossible.   Even if you have the CD you wouldn't be able to update the program or download any states you need.  Unless you know someone with 2014 still installed on Windows.  

So maybe that www.taxprinter.com would work it they use Windows.

I confirmed with intuit support that Mac support for printing 2014 TurboTax returns is no longer available, and I dropped $79.95 and uploaded my 2014 tax file to www.taxprinter.com. Sounds like it should work. I’ll let you know.
Calvin11

Did the tax printer.com solution work?

Sorry for the delay. Taxprinter.com did work! It cost me $79.95 and took 4 business days, but the company emailed me a PDF version of my 2104 tax return for Federal and State, and I was able to print and file my returns. Thank you very much to @macuser_22 for the great suggestion!

VolvoGirl made the suggestion - not me.  But I am glad that it worked for you.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Calvin11

Thanks, to all of you 🙏

Great advice.  Thanks.

But outrageous that Intuit no longer supports and we're stuck paying another $80.00.

This is actually ridiculous. I got a note from IRS last month saying they never got my 2014 return (they have all years prior and after), and I didn't waste at tree to print a backup copy and now I need one. IRS has the power to go back a number of years so TurboTax should support printing for at least that many years.

kitkat27

Hi. I have ordered my returns through taxprinter.com but have not heard anything back for 2 business days. Should I be worried?

kitkat27

Hi. I have ordered my returns through taxprinter.com but have not heard anything back for 2 business days. Should I be worried?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies