turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am over 65. How do I know TT used Form 1040-SR? I can't see my in-progress return unless I pay first.

How to see my returns BEFORE printing and paying for them?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I am over 65. How do I know TT used Form 1040-SR? I can't see my in-progress return unless I pay first.

OK ....  If you are 65 or older the 1040-SR will be used automatically  but it makes absolutely NO difference. 

This new 1040-SR is the silliest thing the IRS has done to date … what a waste of effort & paper… the new 1040-SR  is EXACTLY  the same in line information  as the 1040 this year ... the ONLY differences are  the font size, background color (that TT doesn't print)  and the fact that they added a standard exemption chart to the bottom of the first page of the SR form ...

LOOK at them side by side and have a good laugh. 

I still can’t find any reason why the form 1040 could not simply have larger font and no background color ( which used to differentiate the 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ apart from each other which is no longer needed).  Thanks goodness my  professional tax program has the sense to the new larger font on the form 1040  so we shut down the option to use the useless 1040SR form so we don’t waste ink printing the unneeded charts at the bottom of the first page.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies