turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I already filed my taxes and got my refund but now they signed the retro active tax break for the unemployment do i need to ammend my taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I already filed my taxes and got my refund but now they signed the retro active tax break for the unemployment do i need to ammend my taxes

Maybe....but we do not know yet.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-will-the-stimulus-package-impact-me/01/1393859...

You are among millions who have now been affected by a mid-tax season change in the tax law.  Patience will be necessary.

TurboTax will update the software for the unemployment but there is no timeline yet.

It can take weeks to several months or more for the changes to be made to tax software.   First the IRS has to change its forms.   The tax software has to be changed; the IRS has to test and approve of the software.   Do not expect changes in the software to happen quickly.   TurboTax may have more information in the near future AFTER the bill is signed into law, and some more details emerge about how Congress and the IRS will implement the changes.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

You probably will need to amend, but the changes are going to take some time to get implemented.    You have 3 years from the date you filed your return or 2 years after you paid the tax due (whichever is later) to file an amendment.   Check back later for updates.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies