I accidentally deleted my 2018 tax information prior to filing, can i receive it all back?

Please explain more about what you did and what you are experiencing.  And also indicate specifically what product you are using--Online TurboTax or the desktop version (cd/download software.)   If you used installed desktop software, is it the Windows or Mac version?

It would be very difficult to accidentally delete an online return.

Once we know more about your situation, we may be able to tell you some things to do.

Hello,

I need some help with 2018 tax file.  I accidentally deleted the file for 2018 from a flash drive where it was saved.  I am using turbo tax desktop and saved the completed file to a flash drive.  I did use a recovery software and recovered the file but it will not open.  I get an error message 102305.  

I really need to try to recover old file to transfer info to 2019.  While looking at paper copy I had of tax return for 2018 I noticed a mistake and will need to file an amendment.  My tax return is long and not easily redone from scratch so any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Aaron Ott

[email address removed]

[phone number removed]

@aaronott 

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $50 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf