turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I register via TurboTax to help IRS make my direct deposit of $1200 stimulus payments? I filed my taxes via TurboTax Software, but I owe money. Does that matter?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

How do I register via TurboTax to help IRS make my direct deposit of $1200 stimulus payments? I filed my taxes via TurboTax Software, but I owe money. Does that matter?

If your tax return has your personal bank information that was used to either receive a direct deposit of your refund or was used to pay your tax due then the IRS has your bank information to use for your direct deposit of your stimulus check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DianeC958
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not have a way for you to register your bank information to receive the Stimulus check as a direct deposit.

The IRS is in the process of setting up a portal for you to register that information with them.

Check on the IRS web site later this month for the portal at www.irs.gov

Economic Impact Payment Information Center

@ajrubins

Thanks for the answer.  I thought I heard that TurboTax is helping the IRS somehow with getting Stimulus checks mailed or direct deposited.  Maybe not.   BUT, everything I have heard in the news says something to the effect of  "If you had Direct Deposit on your 2018 or 2019, then IRS will get you the Stimulus pymt via direct deposit".  Well, I did not have Direct Deposit.  I had Direct Debit from my bank account to pay taxes due in 2018 & 2019.    Still supplied Bank Acct info in my tax return, so hopefully my Stimulus check will still be direct deposited to that same account.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If your tax return has your personal bank information that was used to either receive a direct deposit of your refund or was used to pay your tax due then the IRS has your bank information to use for your direct deposit of your stimulus check.

aggers40

not so sure that is a factual statement. i pay every year, via turbotax, with my bank account. every person i know has received their stimulus today, but I have not.  when i check at: 

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/notice;jsessionid=KxLcCwZlRruyTcOSzykjbtTB.33

it tells me there is no information.  ive paid my taxes for over 30 years and they have "no information" on me? so glad i have never depended on the govt to pay my bills, because I'd be screwed right now.

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

@aggers40

You might try the IRS’s just-unveiled Get My Payment application that you can use to let them know your correct bank account information, if they don't have your direct deposit information and haven't sent your payment yet.  Please see the IRS's Economic Impact Payments page for more information.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies