turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I obtain a copy of my signed e-filed tax return from Turbotax? I can see and download my tax return but it is unsigned.

This is required for a mortgage refinance application.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I obtain a copy of my signed e-filed tax return from Turbotax? I can see and download my tax return but it is unsigned.

When you e-file there is no physical signature.    You "signed" by entering your AGI or PIN.   If a lender wants a signed copy, print your return, use a pen and sign on the line that says "Sign here."

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-thi...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

An electronically filed tax return will not have a written signature on the tax return.

If the loan officer requires a signature on the tax return, print a copy of the tax return.  Sign and date the tax return and give it to the loan officer.

Almost 89.1 percent of individual tax returns were filed electronically and none of them will have a written signature on the tax return.  You might inform the loan officer of this statistic.

IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/statistics/returns-filed-taxes-collected-and-refunds-issued#:~:text=Almost%2089....).

Nearly 184.6 million returns and other forms were filed electronically. These represented 72.9 percent of all filings, an increase of 1.4 percent over the share of electronic filing in FY 2018. Almost 89.1 percent of individual tax returns were filed electronically

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies