Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I know if Turbo Tax filed my 2019 state tax amendment?

How do I know if Turbo Tax filed my 2019 state tax amendment? I see where the state charged me the money owed but I don't have any paperwork to support that I paid for the taxes owed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Amended tax returns can only be printed and mailed by you, they cannot be e-filed.

If you had state taxes owed on an amended tax return you were required to include the payment with the mailed ameded tax return.

If you are referring to state taxes owed with the original state tax return that was e-filed, those taxes had to be paid using one of the options given to you by the TurboTax program.

In the File section of the program on Step 2 when state taxes were owed you were give several options on how to pay the taxes owed.  Which option did you choose?

How you chose to pay the state taxes owed will be on the State Filing Instructions page included with your tax return.

Sign onto your TurboTax online account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down and click on Add a State.  This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.

But TurboTax told me that I filed electronically.  I got this message after filing:

"Do not mail a paper copy of your tax return. Since you filed electronically, the **Respective State Department** already has your return."

Is there anything else I need to do?

@oleblue2121 wrote:

But TurboTax told me that I filed electronically.  I got this message after filing:

"Do not mail a paper copy of your tax return. Since you filed electronically, the **Respective State Department** already has your return."

Is there anything else I need to do?

Your original tax return was filed electronically.  If you need to make changes to the tax return that was e-filed then you have to amend the tax return.  If you made changes to the original tax return without going through the Amend procedure, remove those changes.

An amended tax return can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

To access your online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show. Click on the Year and Click on Amend (change) return

See this TurvrboTax support FAQ for amending a 2019 tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-a-2019-return-in-turbotax/01/123845...

OR -

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a state tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/i-need-to-amend-my-state-return/01/26510

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies