turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find my 2008-2010 tax return files? I need them for public loan forgiveness and cannot find anything earlier than 2013.

Need to show that I was employed by a specific employer for those years. W-2s are specified by lender for loan forgiveness.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I find my 2008-2010 tax return files? I need them for public loan forgiveness and cannot find anything earlier than 2013.

both the IRS and Turbotax only keep returns for 6 - 7 years.  so if used online for 2008 - 2010, they no longer exist. however, if all you need are the w-2s for those years, you can get copies from the Social Security Adm. there is a fee.

https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02501 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You don't need your tax returns. Your tax return does not show who your employer was. That's why the lender is asking for the W-2s. Only the W-2 shows the name of the employer. And the W-2s themselves are not included in the tax return.

If you did not save your W-2s, the only way to get copies of W-2s that old is from the Social Security Administration, as indicated by Mike9241.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies