turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chris192

How do I change the information in my return after printing to paper, but prior to filing

I wanted to "print to paper" to review the return - now I cannot go back into the returns to make changes.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

How do I change the information in my return after printing to paper, but prior to filing

If you printed your taxes to mail them in and went all the way through the File section, when you sign in to TurboTax Online you'll see the Way to go! You filed your 2020 taxes and you won't see a way to change to e-filing. As long as you haven't already mailed your 2020 paper return, you can switch to the e-filing method (through October 15, 2021). However, some states now require e-filing, which means the federal and state must be e-filed together.

1. In TurboTax Online, sign in to your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area).
  5. Select File in the left menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or select the menu icon in the top left corner).
  6. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
  7. Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
  8. On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
  9. Follow the instructions to e-file your return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jpapasod
Returning Member

I am unable to open my account

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

To recover your user ID or password:

1. Go to the account recovery page.
  2. Enter one of the following:
    • Phone number (recommended)
    • Email address
    • User ID
  3. Follow the instructions. We'll customize them based on the info you provide and whether we recognize the device.

Once you're done, we'll either send you a code to help you recover your account, or show/send you a list of accounts associated with your info.

If you’re still unable to recover your account, select Try something else on the Account Recovery page. We'll ask additional questions to verify your identity.

Keep in mind: Once you're back in your account, we recommend you enter or update your phone number. This increases your account security and makes it easier to recovery your account.

@jpapasod

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
chris192

Worked!!!  Thank you very much for the suggestion - saved me money and helped me avoid additional stress.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies