turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lilyaric

How do I amend my taxes?

Where do I get the form to do so?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I amend my taxes?

For tax year 2019?  The Form 1040X for amending a 2019 tax return is not yet available.

If you have e-filed your tax return and need to change the information on the tax return then you will need to wait for the tax return to either be accepted or rejected by the IRS.
If the tax return is rejected then you can make your changes and re-file the tax return.
If the tax return is accepted then you will have to amend the tax return to make your changes. An amended tax, Form 1040X, return can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

lilyaric

How do I amend my taxes?

I meant for the year 2020 ... it got accepted and then I received another form ... guess I should've waiting longer to file my taxes 😕

How do I amend my taxes?

@lilyaric wrote:

I meant for the year 2020 ... it got accepted and then I received another form ... guess I should've waiting longer to file my taxes 😕

Your 2019 tax return got accepted.

Tax year 2020 will not be concluded until 12/31/2020.  The 2020 tax return is filed in 2021.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies