turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SW_942
Returning Member

How can I review my full return - including ALL worksheets and forms before paying and filing?

I would like to review my return prior to committing to paying for and using Turbo Tax to file my taxes.  I would like to make sure all information is being captured as it should be - if it's not or I don't feel comfortable with what I'm seeing, I want to be able to take it to a tax person instead.  When I do the review, there are several worksheets and forms missing (Schedule C, Schedule SE (Self-Emp tax), Form 8995, QBI form, Sales Tax Form).  How can I see those forms and make sure they are included in the calculation?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

How can I review my full return - including ALL worksheets and forms before paying and filing?

I'm sorry, but in Online TurboTax you cannot preview all the extra forms and worksheets prior to paying.   You can, however, pay in advance to view/print them prior to filing.   See my next comment below for instructions.

You can only preview the Form 1040 and Schedules 1-3 for free prior to paying/filing.  See my next comment below for instructions.

Only the desktop software has Forms Mode for full viewing/printing privileges during return preparation.

In the interest of time, here's some additional info:

Here's how to do a limited preview for free:

• Open your return, and in the left menu column, choose TAX TOOLS, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window, choose View Tax Summary.
  • When the Tax Summary opens, look in the left menu column and choose Preview My 1040.
  • That will show you the Form 1040 Worksheet and schedules 1-3.

Or you can pay in advance to view/print the Form 1040 and the forms and worksheets prior to filing.  Here's how:

• Open your return, and in the left menu column, choose Tax Tools, then Print Center.
  • Then choose "Print/save/preview this year's return."
  • On the next screen choose to "Pay now".
  • The next screen should be an Order Summary.  Review that, and if all is OK, click Continue.
  • It should then prompt you for payment by credit or debit card.  The screen only says "credit card", but it will take a debit card.

NOTE:  If it should offer you the option to "pay later" out of the Federal refund, that can't be used for this purpose.  You will need to pay now by credit/debit card in order to download/print prior to filing.

SW_942
Returning Member

When you say the desktop software, do you mean buying disks or whatever that get loaded onto the computer versus accessing Turbo Tax through the website?  I am using my computer (not my phone or ipad) to access TT.  I really don't want to pay money only to find out that TT won't work and I have to go to a person and have them file my taxes for me.  It seems like everything should be covered here and the number seems close but there are too many forms that are "missing" and I need to know it's all coming through correctly.

SW_942
Returning Member

I did follow these directions to preview my return - that's where I realized several forms were not visible and have an impact on my return.  I didn't go the pre-pay route yet.  

Sorry yes.  You have to pay to see all the forms.  Turbo Tax needs to get paid.  If you got the forms you could copy them and file without paying.  

Or buy the Desktop CD/Download program that you install on your computer.  It has several other features and advantages over the Online version.  You can see and enter directly into the  actual forms.  You can do more than 1 return like for family returns and to test things.  You can efile 5 for free.  And other features.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies