turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skyblue

health care

I had to pay TurboTax to up grade to the deluxe package because I owe $200 for have for that Obama healthcare. and TurboTax was supposed to take out the $200 from my refund to pay it and they have not so far what can I do
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

health care

Assuming that you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted.  The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

What if my federal refund isn't enough to cover my TurboTax fees?

To use the pay-with-your-refund option (aka Refund Processing), your IRS refund amount must be sufficient to cover your prep fees, fees for any additional products and services, and applicable sales tax.

When you get ready to file, we won't offer pay-with-your-refund if your IRS refund isn't enough to cover your total bill. In that case, you'll need to pay with a credit, debit, or pre-paid card.

What happens if the IRS reduces my refund to the point where it no longer covers my TurboTax fees?

If you get hit with a refund offset, what's left over might not be enough to cover your fees. Here's what happens next:

1. We'll send anemail with instructions on how to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) by a certain date.
  2. If the fees remain unpaid by the specified date, we'll send two more followup emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.
  3. Finally, if you still haven't paid by the requested date, we’ll send a final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

The same sequence of events occurs if the IRS is still holding your refund 36 days after your original estimated refund date, except that we'll also debit the Refund Processing fee (if any) in Step 3.

How do you justify debiting my account?

The provision is spelled out in the Refund Processing Agreement, which you agreed to when you opted to pay with your refund.

In addition, by clicking the "I Agree" button below, you electronically sign and authorize Intuit (through its third party processor) to debit the TurboTax Fees, Additional Products and Services Purchased and any applicable sales tax from your bank account number identified in the Agreement below, in the event that you do not receive a tax refund that is sufficient to pay for them.

Related Information:

health care

The $200 you owe for the Healthcare penalty is already part of your overall tax refund or balance due ... it is not paid separately ... review the actual form 1040 lines 11 thru 19.

health care

Taxes owed cannot be paid from a tax refund, Federal or State.

Only the TurboTax account fees can be paid from a Federal tax refund and only if you specifically select that option instead of paying the account fees with a credit card.

In the File section of the TurboTax program Step 2 you were given specific options on how to pay any taxes owed.  Look at the Filing Instructions for your tax return for how you selected to pay the taxes owed.

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies