turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tybug4115
Returning Member

Have not gotten my refund yet and its been over 9 weeks since i did my id verification

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

Have not gotten my refund yet and its been over 9 weeks since i did my id verification

Is there any information at this IRS tool?
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Here's how to reach a live agent at the IRS to see if you can learn anything about the delay:

800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time)

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It might transfer you to an agent at that point.   If it doesn't it may ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal" then you should be transferred.

I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you don't get good info/results from the IRS, you can contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate for your area.   They are especially prone to help if you have a hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

quocvuong204
Returning Member

HI , do you recieve you tax refund, i had the same case w you and i dont know what i gonna do

@quocvuong204 wrote:
HI , do you recieve you tax refund, i had the same case w you and i dont know what i gonna do

Did you phone and speak to a live IRS agent as instructed above?  Or did you phone the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for assistance as instructed above?

quocvuong204
Returning Member

Well , this is the first time i do the tax and i tried to call [phone number removed] then they just said put ssn, amout etc and still the same result with irs app. I dont know the number can help me answer what happen now

I'm sorry, but I don't fully understand your situation.  This thread was started by a user who received a letter from the IRS and had to undergo the identity verification process before the IRS would process their return. 

You chose this thread to post in, so do you have that same issue as the threadowner?   Did you get an IRS letter saying you had to undergo an identity verification review, and if so, did you comply with the identity review?  Or did you post in the wrong thread at random, inquiring about your refund?

If you're simply asking how to check on a refund you haven't yet received, we can tell you how to do that.   Here's how to check on a Federal refund:

Did you efile, or did you print, sign, and mail the return?

If you efiled, double-check with this tool to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted:
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

What does that tool show--accepted, rejected, or no result found? 

NOTE:   Are you in the USA, or are you a foreign filer?   That tool assumes you have a USA address, since it requires a US Zip Code.

You can also check an efile status by simply signing back into your Online TurboTax account.  There you see a "Return status."    Does it say accepted, rejected, printed, started, or what?

If either of the above methods showed it was accepted (or if you mailed the return), what do you see at the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund?
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds
NOTE: Be sure you enter only the Federal refund amount and not any total amount that includes a state refund. The figure to enter in that IRS tool appears on your Federal Form 1040, Line 20a.

If that IRS tool shows that the refund has been sent, report back for more info.

If the IRS tool says it is still "being processed",  then see my comment above which lists the steps to speak to a live agent at the IRS to see if they can tell you anything about the delay.

quocvuong204
Returning Member

I got the 5071C letter and i already came to verified my ID. The Lady at offfice told me wait from 2w to 9w but now over 9w and its still "being proceeded" . I dont know what should i do and the number i call they can help me

OK.   If you have already verified, and it has been 9 weeks, then use the info in my first comment to how to phone a live IRS tax agent or the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service to see if you can learn anything about the continued delay.   Or there may be a phone number to use on  your IRS Letter.

"The Lady at offfice told me wait from 2w to 9w"

What does "lady at office" mean?  Did you verify on the phone or in person by going into a local IRS office in your city?   If your city has a local IRS office, you can make an appointment there to speak to someone.   Click the blue button for "Taxpayer Assistance Center Locator" at this page:
https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-irs-office

quocvuong204
Returning Member

The lady in the local office because i came to the office. She told me wait until 9w. So now do you know which number i can contact and help me ?? Becauce i call 8[phone number removed] they always ask like automatic line answer

My steps in my first comment above detailed how to get through the automatic phone tree.  Do NOT choose the first choice of asking about a refund, or you'll only get automated information.   Here are the steps again to reach a live person:

800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time)

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to automated phone information.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It might transfer you to an agent at that point.   If it doesn't it may ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal" then you should be transferred.

If you can't reach anyone at the IRS by that method,  contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for your area.     At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Or if there is a local IRS office in your city, you can make an appointment to speak to someone in person there as I mentioned in my last comment above.  I left a link there on how to find the local taxpayer assistance center in your city.

quocvuong204
Returning Member

Im appreciate your help, i will try again tomorrow. But do you have any experience about this case, i mean what happen ? And how long they will send the money or sth like that ??

You're welcome.   Sorry, but there is no way to know.  Every return is different, and there are too many variables.    You'll just have to wait until the IRS is finished, unless the Taxpayer Advocate Service can speed things up any.   They are more likely to help if you have an economic hardship.  Good luck.

quocvuong204
Returning Member

I just call and let them know my case right ??
I need to pay or not

@ quocvuong204 wrote:
I just call and let them know my case right ??
I need to pay or not

There is no fee to phone to speak to an IRS agent or to speak to the Taxpayer Advocate Service, assuming you are phoning from within the USA.

If you are outside the USA, there in an international taxpayer number we can provide you.  But it is not a toll-free number.

quocvuong204
Returning Member

Thanks a lots
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies