turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone who already filed and haven't received a refund in over 30 days and under status said still processing will provide a refund date when available refer to topic 152

152 and has been able to talk to the IRS to know what that means or needs to be done because haven't been able to get live help in over a week
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Has anyone who already filed and haven't received a refund in over 30 days and under status said still processing will provide a refund date when available refer to topic 152

Yes, I filed 2/27/2020 and accepted 3/4/2020.  I never got past one bar on WMR and check yesterday and my bars disappeared.  Still no message except still processing and 152 code.  I got my transcripts online and saw a 570 hold on my return.  This was prior to the 21 days.  1st call guy said nothing just to wait 21 days.  He also told me tax transcripts don't mean anything and the 570 code wasn't a hold???  Umm Yes it is.  I'd like to report him because he was absolutely useless and grossly incompetent, not to mention down right lying.  2nd call the following week.  Young lady was very helpful and stated that I had not filed in 2017 and that a letter would be sent out at end of March.  I filed my late 2017 return and overnighted it to the IRS.  I see it was accepted on 3/23.  Still no movement.  I called for the 3rd and final time prior to shutdown and spoke with another lady that said a letter would be mailed 3/30 (insert eye roll) why so long after filing to send me a letter.  I can now see my 2017 filing on my tax transcript but had a code of 474 (which from what I can tell is just that it was filed late).  It's funny because I'll be getting a refund of $1411.  Guess they could have saved money if they didn't insist I file.  Here it is 4/6, still no letter, still no answers, and I desperately need this return.  I was expecting it mid March.  I've tried calling for a tax advocate but evidently this year is the worst with IRS as tax advocates aren't returning calls nor helping like they usually do.  Super frustrating.  

Can you access your transcripts?  That will give you insight on what is going on.  

I am in the same boat! They received mine on February 13th.  Next week will be my 2 month mark and still nothing 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax will not have a status on your refund. If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it.

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/use-the-wheres-my-refund-tool

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Me too same here nothing and no stimulus payment all begin from the letter 4464c 60 day review smh

Well I put the wrong address so I haven't received no letter maybe that's what's going on with mine thank you

So my refund falls into this criteria and I have no way to contact the IRS. What should I do?

My e-file was done by TurboTax late January. I received a letter from the IRS about needing to file the 8960 form and an updated 1040. I did all of that and mailed everything as of February 27th. Check my refund says Your return is still being processed.

Also the amount of the refund changed after the 8960 form was added. The amount that I have to use to get this info is the original amount, not the updated.

When to Call: Taxpayers should call the IRS to check on a refund only when:

• it has been 21 days or more since they e-filed,
  • more than six weeks since the return was mailed,
  • the “Where’s My Refund?” tool directs them to contact IRS

Due to the reduced staff at the IRS right now you will just have to wait ... the phones are not manned and the paper returns/notices are not being attended to so until the machine gets grinding again millions of taxpayers like you just have to wait.  

Well that's not good

Angelab78

I filed February 1, 2020. Here it is May 4, 2020 and I haven’t received so much as a letter letting me know what’s going on. I called the IRS the first week of March and the guy said that I was randomly selected to make sure my employer and I was doing everything right. Sounds like BS to me. He said that they only have 45 days from March 9 to approve the refund. Well we are passed that now. Who knows!!

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, the IRS is extremely understaffed due to COVID-19. This has impacted the processing of e-filed returns. They are currently not processing paper returns, either. If you do not receive your refund by the time the IRS resumes normal operations, please reach out to them at 800 829 1040.

@Angelab78

JRE2021

Yes  I was supposed to have mine direct deposited on Mar 25th, but today is April 28th and still have not received it. I'm not sure why or who/what number to call to find out why.

Yes, I am currently waiting for my 2019 refund, my 2020 refund and the last 2 stimulus payments. I have called them and was told that they needed to confirm my identity. I’ve done that twice (July 2020 and Feb 2021) and still have not received anything. I’m beyond frustrated.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

According to this IRS update as of April 23rd:    

The IRS is now opening mail within normal timeframes. The IRS has also made significant progress in processing prior year returns. As of April 16, 2021, we had 1.5 million individual tax returns received prior to 2021 in the processing pipeline. Including current year returns, as of April 16, 2021, we had 16.1 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.   

How long you may have to wait: The IRS understands the importance of timely processing of tax returns and refund issuance. We are processing returns received over the summer and fall in 2020 due to the extended July 15, 2020 tax filing due date. While the majority of 2019 refund returns have been processed, in some cases, we are processing tax returns that were mailed with a payment even though payment associated with these returns have been processed by the IRS. However, we are rerouting tax returns and taxpayer correspondence from locations that are behind to locations where more staff is available, and we are taking other actions to minimize any delays. Tax returns are opened in the order received. As the return is processed, it may be delayed because it has a mistake including errors concerning the Recovery Rebate Credit, is missing information, or there is suspected identity theft or fraud. If we can fix it without contacting you, we will. If we need more information or need you to verify that it was you who sent the tax return, we will write you a letter. The resolution of these issues depends on how quickly and accurately you respond, and the ability of IRS staff trained and working under social distancing requirements to complete the processing of your return.   

What you should do: If you filed electronically and received an acknowledgement, you do not need to take any further action other than promptly responding to any requests for information. If you filed on paper, check Where’s my refund? If it tells you we have received your return or are processing or reviewing it, we are processing your return, but it may be under review. We’re working hard to get through the backlog. Please don’t file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies