turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone had there tax return accepted by the IRS yet?? every other year i filed it was accepted the next day... last year filed the 14th of Jan and was accepted 15th

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Has anyone had there tax return accepted by the IRS yet?? every other year i filed it was accepted the next day... last year filed the 14th of Jan and was accepted 15th

A few have reported the returns being accepted as the IRS have pulled some for testing however no return will start processing until 1/27 no matter when it is filed.  And if you have EIC or ACTC on the return those will not start processing until 2/22  so patience is needed. 

They’re not starting until January 27th this year. 

thought it was like that last year.. yet i filed the 14th and was accepted the 15th

A few have been pulled for system testing ... not ALL early filers will be pulled early. 

St7
Returning Member

I helped my mother I'm just hoping that everything is right I done it with the deluxe help and it helped me get through it I just want to let anybody else get theirs accepted yet m........say it got accreted now. What's that mean

"Where's my tax refund?"

Ever wonder what happens between efiling your tax return and receiving your refund?

Here is what really happens when you press that orange button and transmit your tax return.

• First, we "stamp" the return with an electronic postmark, and then we send it to the government.
  • Then we both wait 24 to 48 hours for the IRS to accept your return. (prior to season this can take weeks)
  • What are they doing? They are checking your personal information to make sure it matches their records.
  • If everything looks good, the IRS accepts your return.

Once you are accepted, you are on the IRS payment timetable. Only the IRS knows the status of processing your tax return, whether you owe taxes or are due a refund. In prior years, the IRS issued more than 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days last year. The same results are expected for 2020.

Once you have e-filed your tax return, there are a few ways to check the status of your refund:

The tool will get you personalized refund information based on the processing of your tax return. They will provide an actual refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. Most refunds will be issued in less than 21 days. You can start checking the status of your refund within 24 hours after you have e-filed your return.

Remember, the fastest way to get your refund is to e-file and choose direct deposit.

Other tools and refund delays

You can also use the TurboTax Where's My Refund tracking guide that will show you how to check the status of your tax refund and common reasons for delays.

These articles explain in more detail what may cause a delay:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies