turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal tax due direct debit not working

I filed my taxes through Turbotax on March 28th. I have a balance due on both federal and state tax. I signed up for the direct debit payment for both to be paid on March 31st. The state (Maryland) was taken out of my bank account on March 31st. But the federal tax due has not been taken out of my bank account. There is more than sufficient funds in the account.  Has direct debit delayed by IRS due to the delayed filing date? Or is there something not working correctly and I need to contact the IRS? /Many thanks for an answers.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

You'll need to contact the IRS to make sure that everything is ok on their end.

Here is information on how you can reach the IRS by phone for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301592

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

You'll need to contact the IRS to make sure that everything is ok on their end.

Here is information on how you can reach the IRS by phone for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301592

Cactusflower
Returning Member

I have been trying to reach the IRS, but there is an hour wait time. 

My question is why TurboTax indicated on my filing instructions that I was paying with direct deposit, but on the email notifying me of my return acceptance it said I would need to mail a payment. Was my direct deposit information not passed to the IRS?

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I am sorry, but we do not have access to your TurboTax account here on the Community Board.  You can check the information that you entered into by, simply revisiting the File section in TurboTax and step through the screens.

Due to the rise of phishing and fraudulent activities, you need to be cautious about your email.  However you can check your status when you log into your TurboTax Online account, your filing status should be displayed on your homepage. You can also use our e-file status lookup tool to get your current status. 

dwsinger

I have exactly the same; CA due withdrawn a week ago, Federal tax still not withdrawn. Did you figure it out?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@dwsinger The IRS asks that if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, to give them a call. Note: The IRS is not taking calls at this time. I have seen several updates from customers and their tax payments were withdrawn between 10-12 days later.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day. If you did not choose a withdraw date then it would be deducted July 15, 2020, due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Please see the link below for more information:

When will my tax payment go through?

It looks like the State of CA has a limited number of staff also, so it may take a little bit longer to see your payment withdrawn.

dwsinger

I call [phone number removed] and they show no record of a direct debit request, and suggest I contact my e-file provider, which is TurboTax. (And she says she has had a several people call with the exact same problem in TurboTax.) How do I escalate this in TurboTax? This is serious, in a normal year they would be marking me as late.

dwsinger

Thanks, looks like our messages crossed. I called [removed] and they show no record of an efile direct debit request. How do I check TurboTax actually filed it?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@dwsinger  This is a public forum and we do not have access to your personal tax information. Please reach out to Customer Support for further assistance. Please see What is the TurboTax phone number? for instructions on contacting support. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies