turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal return accepted

My federal return was accepted/received 1/21 around 11am PST. Should I expect to receive my advance portion within the next day (1/22 or 1/23),or should I expect to have to wait until the 27th?  I keep seeing that date pop up for when the IRS supposedly starts accepting returns.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Federal return accepted

First your return has to be accepted by the IRS; some of loan money is available within 48 hours AFTER that

Your return is still in pending on the server because the IRS will not begin to accept/reject/process returns until January 27.  Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has to wait.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

So watch your emails and spam folder to make sure you know after Jan. 27 if your return was accepted or rejected.

Please read this thoroughly and click on the relevant links:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333#sh-collapse1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Federal return accepted

Thank you very much for doubting my ability to read my own emails. Here's a screenshot that proves I'm not illiterate.

@xmasbaby0 

https://imgur.com/  

Federal return accepted

You might be amazed at the number of users who confuse the email that their return was "transmitted" does not mean "accepted" or "approved."  Do not take it personally. 

In the past 24 hours I have replied to over 100 users who did not understand the terms of the refund loan.

The loan is supposed to become available within 48 hour of IRS acceptance of your return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Federal return accepted

Thank you. My humor can be quite severely deadpan. Luckily it pays off on stage-- not so much in forums.

Thank you for the verification.

Federal return accepted

When did you file your taxes? 

Federal return accepted

They were electronically filed on 1/17 around 6am PST. Accepted 1/21 11am.

Federal return accepted

Thank you for responding so quickly because I also filed on the 17th but not to around 3pm and mine has not been accepted yet. 

Federal return accepted

If that's the case for you, I'm fairly certain mine was in that tiny minority. 

Pretty crazy, I never win anything. I finished second place in four consecutive spelling bees in grade school. Now a refund advance four days early?

Sick.

Federal return accepted

I got my loan portion the next night. I was alerted and everything. I hope that means I was one of the early one.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies