MSteffens

Federal e-file rejected, but I physically mailed my State refund in?

I e-filed my federal taxes, however, because of TurboTax's error with form 8936 regarding plug-in hybrid electric cars, it was rejected today (2/18/2020) and won't be available to fix until 2/20/2020. (I'm rather furious at this development, especially after having to wait 3 extra weeks to file because of delays with form 8936.) I physically mailed my WI State tax return in last week, before finding out my federal return was rejected. I don't foresee my refund amounts changing at all on either Federal or State since my plug-in car was not a GM or Tesla, however, will my physically mailed in WI State Return be rejected? Will I have to re-print and mail my WI State return in again?

I have been a TurboTax user since 2005, and this is the first year I have had so many problems and delays with the software and filing. :( Extremely unimpressed after years of flawless filing.  

LinaJ2020

We are aware of the issue and our team is in the processing of repairing it.  

This issue is projected to be fixed by 02/21/2020. You can sign up here to receive email notifications when updates related to this issue become available.

For more information, click here: Form 8936 calculations

MSteffens

You didn't answer my question. Will I have to re-file my state return also that I mailed in physically?

DaveF1006

Your mailed Wisconsin return should not be rejected unless there are other issues in it that may be addressed.