turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Direct deposit date

I was accepted 1/30/2020. Has anyone got their refund yet? Also how long on average has it been taking? I know they say 21 days but I’ve never waited that long. Thanks 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Direct deposit date

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects most EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15.

Direct deposit date

Please dont reply unless you have information. The information you provided does not apply to my situation. 

Direct deposit date

Many people have gotten their refunds already ... but that information cannot help you.  Each return is individually processed and the refund release date for you may not be the same for all the other taxpayers who filed the same day ... please just check the IRS site once a day for YOUR DDD. 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Direct deposit date

i know that. I am checking to see if any real actual person has gotten their refund yet. 

Direct deposit date

[removed]  your return may be delayed in processing or pulled for an audit so knowing others have gotten their refunds already is meaningless. 

According the the IRS: 

Approximately 90% of taxpayers will receive their refunds in less than 21 days from the day their tax return was accepted by the IRS. Most people receive their refund in an average of 10-14 days.

Here's a link to help you track it.  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date.

We know you'd like your refund as fast as possible, but we have no control over how fast the IRS or your state returns your money to you. We're unable to track down, research, or expedite your refund, because those actions are only done by the government—you'll have to contact the IRS or your state tax office for help.

If you still haven't received your refund or your refund is less than you expected, it's possible you may have a refund offset.

• For mailed returns, allow 5–6 weeks from the postmark date. (If you claimed an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit and filed before February 15, 2019, you’ll get your refund the week of February 27 at the earliest.)
  • Wait 24 hours after your federal return has been accepted before looking it up at Where's My Refund?
  • If you don’t have a computer or internet access, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS at 800-829-1954.
  • For more information, you can also view Where's My Refund FAQs.
  • If you opted to e-file and you entered an incorrect account number for direct deposit, the government will mail you a refund check, allow 5–6 weeks from the postmark date.

For questions on state refunds, use your State Refund Lookup tool.

Related Information:

Direct deposit date

no need to be a jerk.  Stop leaving negative comments. what does it matter if i want to hear from real people. 

Direct deposit date

@Ilovejzs 

[removed] ... YOU HAVE POSTED SEVERAL THREADS ON THE SAME THING OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF HOURS ...  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1041965

[removed]

Direct deposit date

You need to get a life the only other post I had asked a completely different question. Grow up 

Direct deposit date

So replying to someone else’s post twice and creating 1 post is nunneries times. Smh. Just leave me alone honestly. 

Kandi729
Returning Member

Direct deposit date

My significant other got their refund back on the February 5th and they also claimed earned income 

Direct deposit date

Accepted 1/27 

DDD appeared on 2/8

DDD is 2/12 

States should be in the account by 2/17

Direct deposit date

Wanted to direct everyone with credits to the new DDD thread that I created:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/direct-deposit-dates-for-people-with-cre...

Direct deposit date

You also didnt say anything about your situation, so, what did you expect? Most taxpayers that are married with kids are going to be affected by PATH, and statistically families are the bulk of filers. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies